Thursday, September 27, 2007

Meeting of the Minds

Original Article

I hope the result is objective enough ... (and) help us in regulating the for-profits ... and held the college price at a reasonable level.

I suppose every one understand that measure of certain skills is difficult. What surprised me is that, with years of efforts, as claimed by institutions, institutions are accepting grants to make more efforts. Maybe, just maybe, that they realized that their past efforts is not of enough efforts at all.

I see these grants as an incentives to get institutions to be serious about their efforts. The thing I wondered is if there are mandated goals. Or if the money is just an incentive.

I hope the result of these grants are of objective nature so that it can apply equally well to for-profit so that it can address the public concern of the high higher ed price.

======== My comments at the insidehighered.com
Well. I hope the result is objective enough so that it can be applied to the for-profit institutions.

This will not only help us in regulating the for-profits but also help public in selecting institutions. This, in turn, can produce a healthy competition and held the college price at a reasonable level.

No comments: